Bicycle Defense KitThe Bicycle Defense Kit (BDK) offers options for dealing with aggressive motorists. Contained within an altoids tin, the 8 tools vary in detectability, potential to cause damage, and legality.
Specifically, cyclists can:
- Issue "citizen citations" with official-ish tickets.
- Label offending vehicles with an "I was a jerk to a cyclist" sticker.
- Introduce the risk of paint damage with a Jolly Rancher.
- Create certain coating cremation via DOT3 brake fluid.
- Make cars stink worse than their exhaust with a carefully-placed stink bomb.
- Throw a trusty bolt to dent offending traffic as it passes.
- Lock out loony drivers by filling their keyholes with super glue.
- Cut through tire valve stems with a utility blade.
It goes without saying that you shouldn't do anything you're not fully prepared to take responsibility for. This project is meant to increase cyclist confidence, not fatalities.
Order a kit: $19.90 delivered (U.S.). Contains 3 citations, 3 stickers, and one of the rest.
home, contact, me